Having the Army Military Human Resource Record (AMHRR) can help you verify your military service. It can also help you request your official military personnel file.

Having an accurate Army Military Human Resource Record (AMHRR) is an important factor in being paid properly and being a marketable candidate for developmental assignments. The AFPC’s military personnel records section receives more than 203,000 requests each year. It strives to meet a five-day turnaround time, but response times vary depending on workload and the number of requests received.

An AMHRR is also known as an Automated Record Brief. It is the replacement for the Personnel Qualification Record or DA Form 2A/B. It contains the most important information about a Soldier’s service, including qualification, performance, and appointment. It has a few versions.

There are a few ways to access your Army Military Human Resource Record, but the best is to speak to a military defense attorney. A military defense lawyer will be able to remove negative information from your AMHRR. If you have been denied continued service, you should consider filing an appeal to the Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board.

The Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board considers appeals from active duty and reserve Soldiers in grades E-6. It makes recommendations about the removal of GOMORs and may make recommendations about the transfer of GOMORs.

The Army Human Resource Record (AMHRR) is a system used to assess and verify Soldier entitlements. It can also be used to identify personnel who need to meet Army standards.

The Army has a record review system, but it does not allow Soldiers to initiate their own reviews. The reviews are performed by a Human Resources Administrator or Record Manager and are conducted using the Interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS).

The iPERMS system is not the only way to access your Army Military Human Resource Record. A Soldier can obtain official documents in person, by mail, or electronically. However, you must be a Soldier with an appropriate need to know, such as employment, pay, or benefits. You can learn more about accessing your Army Military Human Resource Record by visiting the AMHRR Career Information handout.

The most important part of the iPERMS system is that Soldiers will be able to learn more about their military benefits. They can obtain a DD 214, an AB8 Benefit Verification Letter, and other information about their eBenefits.

How do I verify my military service?

USA patch flag on soldiers arm. US troops

Obtaining military service records is an excellent way to learn about your family’s roots. However, not all military records are available for the public to access online. Those that are available must be requested through the proper channels.

Luckily, there are a number of different ways to obtain a military service record. The first and most obvious is through the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). The NPRC is located in St. Louis, Missouri, and is open from 8 am to 4 pm CST, Monday through Friday.

You can also request a military service record from the National Archives. However, the name and dates of service you provide on the form may be available elsewhere. You can also get a more comprehensive view by requesting the SF-180 form. You can download this form from the NPRC website.

The DD Form 214 is another official proof of military service. Those discharged from the military will need to submit this document to receive veterans’ benefits. It is also a good idea to check with the NPRC for information on how to get a copy of your DD-214.

The SCRA website is also worth checking out. It is a free service provided by the Defense Manpower Data Center, which offers a military verification service. It is a free website that allows you to get a free SCRA certificate that will contain your name, branch of service, your current service position, and your active-duty start date. You will need to input your Social Security number to receive the certificate.

The SCRA site is also worth checking out if you are a member of the military and have lost your military ID. The website will verify your military status using your Social Security number and other personal information. Depending on the amount of information you provide, the wait time for your SCRA certificate could be as few days or as long as six months.

The SF-180 can also be submitted by mail or fax. You can request a military service record from the National Personnel Records Center by filling out a form titled “Free Request for Military Service Records.” If you’re wondering how to prove your military service, the SF-180 is the first step.

Accessing Your Official Military Personnel File

Whether you’re a current or former military service member, you may want to access your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). This file contains personal and administrative information about your career. It includes your qualifications, performance, and other personnel actions.

There are several ways to request access to your OMPF. You can visit the National Archives and Records Administration, responsible for maintaining the files, or the Defense Personnel Records Information System (DPRIS), which provides online access to OMPF records. It requires a CAC logon to access the database. You can also order non-archival records by completing an online form.

You can also visit the National Archives and Records Administration to obtain replacement medals and certificates. They can also help you with corrections to your military personnel files. They can make minor administrative changes to the records and can provide a certified copy of your military records.

You can also access your Official Military Personnel File through the Freedom of Information Act. You’ll need to submit your request to the Air Force if you’re an Air Force veteran. It may take up to six months for your request to be processed. You can also email your request to the Servicing Personnel Office, which will send it to the Personnel Administration Office.

The National Archives and Records Administration has a number of searchable databases on the internet. These include those for the Vietnam War, Korea, and WWII. You can also use their eVetRecs service to request information.

The NPRC facility receives more than 4,000 correspondence requests every day. These can be from veterans, their next of kin, or other stakeholders. The response time for a record request varies, depending on the workload. The facility also receives requests from the media. You’ll need to have a signature of a veteran or a next of kin to make a request.

You can download your Official Military Personnel File from the National Archives and Records Administration if you’re a Marine Corps veteran. You can also request a scanned copy of your OMPF. You can also use the DPRIS page in the milConnect system to request a copy.

Requesting Your Official Military Personnel File


Whether you are a veteran or are the next of kin to a veteran, you may want to request your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). This is an administrative record that records your career and other personnel actions. The OMPF contains information on your service and performance, as well as your qualifications, awards, disciplinary actions, emergency data, training, and other information.

OMPFs may contain important medical history, such as regular physical exams, mental health treatment, and outpatient procedures. Some OMPFs also include active-duty health records. However, some OMPFs do not include hospitalizations. You can find out more about your OMPF by contacting your Veteran Services Representative.

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) is a federal facility that accepts records requests and works to respond to them in a timely manner. It holds approximately 60 million official military personnel files, including auxiliary, organizational, and clinical records. It has more than 203,000 records requests per year. NPRC accepts requests by mail, fax, or online. It does not charge for copies of filed military discharges.

The facility receives about 4,000 to 5,000 correspondence requests per day. Response times vary depending on the workload and availability of records. In the case of routine correspondence requests, NPRC staff retrieves the records from the Department of Defense electronic system of record. DPRIS is a web-based portal that provides authorized users with access to OMPF documents. DPRIS requires a valid DS Level 2 Logon.

The NPRC facility has received requests from the media and other stakeholders, as well as from veterans and their next of kin. It also accepts requests from the Department of Defense and other government agencies. NPRC staff screens and verifies these requests before they are sent to the appropriate service branch central cell. They then provide a final response to the RO.

In the case of a death, the next of kin may be a daughter, son, or unremarried surviving spouse. The form is retained as a record of disclosure. It may be disclosed to the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Veterans Affairs, or the National Archives and Records Administration.