Whether you are a new army member, a reenlisting army member, or a current one, you must be wondering, What is Gomor? What is it, and how does it affect my military career?

Generally speaking, the General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand, or GOMOR, is the Army’s version of the “biggest secret.” In short, it is a letter of reprimand sent by a general officer to an enlisted soldier. This document is usually intended to be a career-killer but can also be used as a precursor to non-judicial punishment.

The GOMOR can be filed permanently in the soldier’s Army Military History and Reprimand Records (AMHRR) or be kept locally. The decision to file a GOMOR is up to the person who issued it. The document is normally served in formal fashion, taking 30 to 90 days. A good reason to serve a GOMOR is if the evidence supports the alleged misconduct.

A GOMOR can also trigger administrative reviews. This may include a Counterintelligence Office review, a Standby Advisory Board review, and a promotion review board. This type of review is particularly significant because it can affect a soldier’s reenlistment or reenlistment eligibility.

A GOMOR can be used as a justification for a number of administrative separations. These include a denial of security clearance, denial of a promotion, and a separation from the Army as an enlisted member. These types of separations are more likely to occur in the case of soldiers who have been charged with a legal offense.

How do you fight Gomor?


Whether you are a soldier or an officer, you are faced with the question of how to fight Gomor in the army. The consequences can be serious, including loss of reenlistment, denial of promotion, or administrative separation. If you’re caught up in this process, you need to consult an experienced military attorney. He can help you with refuting the accusations and mitigating the damage.

One of the most common types of military reprimands is GOMOR or General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand. This document is a reprimand letter written by a vindictive general officer. These reprimands are often used to punish soldiers without any evidence.

These reprimands can be a career killer. They may affect your future career and your ability to hold a security clearance. They also could prevent you from working with federal contractors.

If you have a GOMOR on your record, you can appeal it. If you are able to convince the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records that your GOMOR was erroneous, it will be removed from your permanent record. You can request removal of your GOMOR by contacting your local commander.

You have seven calendar days to respond to your GOMOR. You can expect to be separated from service if you do not appeal your reprimand.

Is gomor a honorable discharge?

Getting an honorable discharge in the Army can be a daunting task. It is a very challenging decision, and the wrong choice could lead to a life-altering consequence. If you are unsure about your options, hiring a civilian military attorney is recommended. This person can guide you through the process and explain your options.

If you want to file an appeal for a GOMOR, you will need to show that it is unjust. This may include providing evidence to prove that the allegations are false. Alternatively, you can write a rebuttal to the allegations. If the officer who issued the GOMOR agrees, they can remove it from your official military personnel file.

The Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board is the first appeal authority for GOMORs. This board considers appeals from active duty soldiers, warrant officers, and Reserve members. The Board will review GOMOR appeals and make recommendations for the transfer, alteration, or removal of a GOMOR.

You should always seek legal counsel before pursuing a GOMOR appeal. Without a lawyer’s assistance, you are unlikely to succeed. You should also keep in mind that removing a GOMOR from your permanent record is a complex process.

Can you PCS with a Gomor?


Whether or not you can PCS with a Gomor in the Army is a question you must consider carefully. This military reprimand is one of the most commonly used forms of punishment in the military, and the consequences of being given this kind of reprimand can be devastating.

A GOMOR is issued by a Commanding General (CG) when a soldier has performed poorly or has been notified of misconduct. In some cases, a CG can initiate administrative separation or chapter action. If you have been flagged by a CG, you will not be allowed to PCS or be promoted.

The reprimand is often the first step in a series of administrative reviews, such as a Standby Advisory Board (SAB), Promotion Review Board (PRB), or administrative discharge board. If you are facing a reprimand, you should seek legal assistance. A lawyer will be able to identify evidence to support your case and rebuttal your GOMOR on your behalf.

The decision to “locally file” or “permanently file” a GOMOR is typically a case-by-case decision based on the specific facts involved. In some cases, a soldier can apply to move his or her GOMOR to a restricted portion of the fiche, which will allow the officer to compete for promotions. However, serious allegations of SHARP must be permanently filed.

How long is the gomor process?

Despite its name, GOMOR (General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand) is not the average military reprimand. In fact, the consequences can be devastating. This type of reprimand can be written for enlisted members and officers, and it’s used as a way to punish soldiers without a trial.

Unlike ordinary reprimands, GOMORs are considered career-ending documents, and they’re typically issued by General Officers when they get upset with the JAG. They are also written when the military isn’t willing to take a case to court martial.

If you’re facing a GOMOR, you can appeal to the Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board, which is the initial authority for appeals. You’ll need an attorney to help you file the appeal. They can draft a response that will persuade the General Officer to rescind the GOMOR.

If your case goes to the Department of the Army Suitability and Evaluation Board, they will evaluate your appeal and make recommendations for changes to your GOMOR. These changes may include removing your GOMOR from your permanent record. The process will be complex, and you’ll need legal assistance to ensure your appeal is successful.

You’ll need to meet with an experienced military attorney to learn your legal options. They can help you determine whether you’re eligible for a GOMOR rebuttal, draft your response, and communicate with your command. They can also identify mitigating, extenuating, and character witnesses to support your argument.

Can I reenlist with a gomar?

Having an Army GOMOR (General Officer Memorandum of Record) on your record can make reenlisting in the Army a challenge. While not a common reprimand, it can still significantly impact your career. Especially if you are in the process of earning a promotion.

A GOMOR can be written for a variety of reasons, including allegations of misconduct that the military will not take to court. If you receive a GOMOR, the best thing you can do is refute it and prove that the accusations are untrue. A letter of support from the officer who filed the GOMOR is not guaranteed to remove it.

There is also a separate process for removing a GOMOR from your permanent file. The process is a little tricky and has been found to have a limited success rate. If you are able to do it, you will have the opportunity to reenlist in the Army. It is a good idea to seek legal help if you find yourself in this situation.

In addition to the bar to reenlistment, your GOMOR can also affect your promotion. If you get a GOMOR, the next promotion board may not accept your application. This can mean a decrease in pay and a reduction in grade.

Can you stay in the Army with a gomar?

Generally speaking, Army GOMORs have adverse consequences that can affect your ability to stay in the Army and earn a promotion. A GOMOR is a type of reprimand that can be issued by a general officer.

Soldiers can request removal of a GOMOR through their company commander, the Commanding General, or the Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board. A soldier can also seek legal counsel at his own expense. An attorney can help a soldier gather evidence and draft a response, but it is unlikely that an officer can remove a GOMOR without the help of a military attorney.

A GOMOR is issued in a formal manner. Often, it will be recorded in a Soldier’s service record. A Soldier’s MPRJ is removed after a permanent change of station, but a GOMOR stays in the service record for a period of time.

A GOMOR can be issued for various types of misconduct, including DUI, sexual assault, and rape. It may be a precursor to non-judicial punishment or court-martial.

If a GOMOR is filed in a restricted file, a soldier can appeal the GOMOR in writing. The Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board will review the appeal and make recommendations for alteration or removal of the GOMOR.